Mission Hope Thrift is designed to support the mission and ministry of Hope Faith Ministries, where each week we serve hundreds of homeless and impoverished families and individuals in the Kansas City Metro. Many of the donations we receive at Mission Hope Thrift go directly into the hands and homes of those we serve through our clothing closets and our New Beginnings program. The Hope Faith clothing closets serve hundreds of men, women, and children each week. New Beginnings provides furniture and household items to those who work hard to get off the streets and into a home of their own. Other donations are sold at Mission Hope Thrift. Proceeds directly benefit Hope Faith Ministries’ programs for the homeless and impoverished, including transitional housing, meals, showers, laundry, and medical, dental, and vision clinics. Additionally, men and women working through Hope Faith Ministries’ Transitional Internship Program will be given the opportunity to work at Mission Hope Thrift to gain job experience as they seek stability and self-sufficiency.
Monday – Wednesday 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Thursday 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Friday – Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
9148 Metcalf Avenue
Overland Park, KS 66212
Now Accepting Donations!
Items We Accept
- Clothing (clean, without tears and stains)
- Furniture (free of obvious stains, tears and odors)
- Housewares and small appliances in working condition
- Large appliances in working order
- Books, CDs, DVDs, video games
- Vacuum cleaners in working order
- Musical instruments
- Tools, power and hand
- Electronics in working order (cell phones, stereos, etc.)
- TVs in working condition (new to 5 years old)
- Sports and/or camping equipment
- Toys, games, and puzzles
- Large toys
Items We Don’t Accept
- Furniture or mattresses that are broken, stained, torn, or odorous
- Computers or computer equipment
- Used infant/child car seats, strollers, high chairs, or cribs
- Console or tube TVs
- Appliances that are broken, moldy, or dirty
- Hazardous materials
How / Where to Drop Off Items
We accept donations Monday through Saturday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. The Mission Hope Thrift Community Donation Area is on the back side of the building. Simply drive around the northwest corner of the shopping center and you’ll find us on the west side, not far from Whole Foods and New Theater Restaurant.
Do you have furniture to donate?
We are pleased to arrange to pick up furniture (free of obvious stains, tears, pet hair, and odors) within a reasonable distance of our location. A pick up scheduling form can be found at: http://www.missionhopethrift.org/donate/